- Home /
- Jazz guitar lessons / Blog /
- Bebop dominant scale | Free guitar lesson | Guitar diagrams, fingerings and licks
Bebop dominant scale | Free guitar lesson | Guitar diagrams, fingerings and licks
- By jazz-guitar-licks
- On 28/01/2016
- Comments (0)
Hi there, here is a new page about the dominant bebop scale widely used in jazz music. It 's an octotonic scale (eight notes), it has the same notes as the mixolydian mode including a passing tone (major seventh) between the minor seventh (b7) and the root.
Before learning the bebop dominant scale it is recommanded to master the mixolydian mode, here are some guitar diagrams and suggested fingerings about the mixolydian scale.
The bebop dominant scale is commonly played over dominant 7th chords. You will find here some guitar fetboard diagrams and suggested fingerings about this bebop scale and some free licks with MP3 files at the end of the page.
Thanks for sharing and promote this website.
This free jazz guitar lesson is about 10 Wes Montgomery dominant 7th jazz guitar licks and transcriptions with tabs taken from west coast blues.
Here are the guitar position of the five main arpeggios used in jazz improvisation. Free jazz guitar lessons with tabs, licks, fretboard diagrams, patterns.
25 soul jazz guitar licks with tabs PDF to master hard bop playing in the style of Grant Green, Melvin Sparks by using pentatonic scales and blues scale.
This free jazz guitar lesson is about 5 minor 7th jazz guitar patterns with tabs and analysis to increase your vocabulary, technique, and jazz knowledge.
Here is a free jazz guitar lesson about the locrian bebop scale with fretboard guitar diagrams, fingerings and a minor 2-5-1 jazz guitar line with tabs.
- Jazz guitar chord voicings - II-V-I progression - 5 Exercises
- New eBook available | 50 exercises for jazz guitar | II-V-I voicings
- Minor pentatonic scales and II-Valt-I sequence - 5 jazz guitar licks
- New video - Jazz guitar comping rhythm lesson & chord study.
- Sookie sookie - Grant Green - Transcription
- III VI II V sequence - 5 Jazz guitar licks - Jazz lesson
- Jazz up basic guitar chords - Jazz guitar lesson for beginners
- Tritone chord substitution - Jazz guitar lesson
- Stella by Starlight - Jazz guitar chord melody lesson
- What's a half-diminished chord (m7b5) ?
- List of intervals - Music theory
- Extended major 7th chords | Guitar diagrams & voicings | Cmaj9, Cmaj#11, Cmaj13
- Diatonic chord substitution - Jazz theory and harmony lesson
- 5 tritone substitution jazz guitar licks PDF ebook - Pay what you want
- Guitar walking bass lesson and improvisation with tabs | Bb blues jazz progression