- Home /
- Jazz guitar lessons / Blog /
- Charlie christian jazz guitar solo lesson with tabs | Swing to bop 2
Charlie christian jazz guitar solo lesson with tabs | Swing to bop 2
- By Stef Ramin
- On 12/12/2015
- Comments (0)
Here is jazz lesson about a Charlie Christian guitar solo transcription (only 8 bars) from the tune "Swing to bop". Charlie Christian used notes from the dorian and the aeolian modes to play over a minor chord progression.
On these jazz lines Charlie Christian plays notes from the Eb dorian scale over a Eb minor chord progression and a Bb minor arpeggio over a Bbm chord progression.
- The dorian scale (also called dorian mode) is the second of the seven musical modes (Ionian, dorian, phrygian, lydian, mixolydian, aeolian & locrian). This is a minor scale because of its b3. The dorian scale appears when a major scale is started on its second scale-degree (second note). This scale is an absolute must and the first thing to know when you want to improvise over minor chords.
- The Bb minor arpeggio (Bb, Db, F) is taken from the Bb aeolian mode. The aeolian mode is the sixth of the seven musical modes. It is a minor type scale, but unlike the dorian scale it has a flat sixth.
Click here to get the video link and more analysis.
This jazz guitar lesson is about a Wes Montgomery jazz guitar solo transcription with tabs. Using the phrygian mode over a Bb dominant seven chord.
This free jazz guitar lesson is about 10 Wes Montgomery dominant 7th jazz guitar licks and transcriptions with tabs taken from west coast blues.
This youtube video contains 21 jazz guitar licks and transcriptions with tabs from the "jazz guitar licks" channel.
This jazz guitar lesson is about a video that contains 10 Kenny Burrell jazz guitar licks for beginners transcribed from chitlins con carne.
25 soul jazz guitar licks with tabs PDF to master hard bop playing in the style of Grant Green, Melvin Sparks by using pentatonic scales and blues scale.
- Tritone chord substitution - Jazz guitar lesson
- Stella by Starlight - Jazz guitar chord melody lesson
- What's a half-diminished chord (m7b5) ?
- List of intervals - Music theory
- Extended major 7th chords | Guitar diagrams & voicings | Cmaj9, Cmaj#11, Cmaj13
- Diatonic chord substitution - Jazz theory and harmony lesson
- 5 tritone substitution jazz guitar licks PDF ebook - Pay what you want
- Guitar walking bass lesson and improvisation with tabs | Bb blues jazz progression
- NEW PDF eBook available | 11 blues-jazz progressions for guitar | Chords and comping studies
- How to play minor and major 6 chords on the guitar | 24 Diagrams and voicings
- So what chord - Jazz rhythm guitar lesson - Modal comping
- Jazz guitar chord changes & comping study - There will never be another you
- Chords in fourths - Quartal harmony - So what chord
- There will never be another you - Jazz guitar improvisation
- What's a II-V-I chord progression