bebop dominant scale
Hi there, here is a new page about the dominant bebop scale widely used in jazz music. It 's an octotonic scale (eight notes), it has the same notes as the mixolydian mode including a passing tone (major seventh) between the minor seventh (b7) and the root.
Before learning the bebop dominant scale it is recommanded to master the mixolydian mode, here are some guitar diagrams and suggested fingerings about the mixolydian scale.
The bebop dominant scale is commonly played over dominant 7th chords. You will find here some guitar fetboard diagrams and suggested fingerings about this bebop scale and some free licks with MP3 files at the end of the page.
Thanks for sharing and promote this website.
Here is a jazz guitar lick using the C bebop dominant scale.The bebop dominant scale is commonly used in jazz improvisation, it has one more note (a chromatic passing tone between the flat seventh and the root) than the mixolydian scale. The C mixolydian scale is (C-D-E-F-G-A-Bb). and the C bebop dominant scale is (C-D-E-F-G-A-Bb-B) . The passing tone is B.
- Diatonic chord substitution - Jazz theory and harmony lesson
- 5 tritone substitution jazz guitar licks PDF ebook - Pay what you want
- Guitar walking bass lesson and improvisation with tabs | Bb blues jazz progression
- NEW PDF eBook available | 11 blues-jazz progressions for guitar | Chords and comping studies
- How to play minor and major 6 chords on the guitar | 24 Diagrams and voicings
- So what chord - Jazz rhythm guitar lesson - Modal comping
- Jazz guitar chord changes & comping study - There will never be another you
- Chords in fourths - Quartal harmony - So what chord
- There will never be another you - Jazz guitar improvisation
- What's a II-V-I chord progression
- How to harmonize the major scale in thirds
- What are guide tones and how to use them
- How to connect dominant 7th arpeggios in blues
- How to play drop 2 chords on the guitar - Lesson with diagrams & voicing charts
- Misty (Erroll Garner) analysis - Arrangement with chords & melody - Jazz guitar lesson