dominant 7th arpeggio
Here is a free lesson about a II | V jazz guitar line using a D minor seventh arpeggio and a G dominant 7th arpeggio.
- Bar 1 : Starting on the root (D) of the D dorian mode. After that you have to play : the b3 (F), the fifth (A), root again (D), b3 again (F), 9 (E), D again, b7 (C), once again the fifth (A) and a passing tone (A#). We can see that these notes are actually a D minor ninth arpeggio.
- Bar 2 : This measure contains notes from the G dominant 7th arpeggio (G-B-D-F) with a passing tone (b3) (A#) before playing the major third (B). Ending on the root (G).
Related lessons :
Hi, There is a new page in the arpeggios menu. It's about dominant 7th arpeggios with guitar diagrams, patterns and chords charts.
The dominant 7th arpeggio is one of the most played in jazz music. You have play it over dominant 7th chords. It sounds good too over a minor seventh chord starting on the fourth, this part will be developped later in an other lesson. Let's go back to the dominant 7th chord.
The dominant 7th chord has a very important fonction in jazz music so the dominant 7th arpeggio is important too, it's a must know for any jazz guitarist, it is present in many chord progressions. That's why you need to master this arpeggio so, you will find an easy jazz line (over a II-V progression) using a G7 arpeggio and all the basics patterns, diagrams and fingerings about it in this free lesson.
- Jazz guitar chord voicings - II-V-I progression - 5 Exercises
- New eBook available | 50 exercises for jazz guitar | II-V-I voicings
- Minor pentatonic scales and II-Valt-I sequence - 5 jazz guitar licks
- New video - Jazz guitar comping rhythm lesson & chord study.
- Sookie sookie - Grant Green - Transcription
- III VI II V sequence - 5 Jazz guitar licks - Jazz lesson
- Jazz up basic guitar chords - Jazz guitar lesson for beginners
- Tritone chord substitution - Jazz guitar lesson
- Stella by Starlight - Jazz guitar chord melody lesson
- What's a half-diminished chord (m7b5) ?
- List of intervals - Music theory
- Extended major 7th chords | Guitar diagrams & voicings | Cmaj9, Cmaj#11, Cmaj13
- Diatonic chord substitution - Jazz theory and harmony lesson
- 5 tritone substitution jazz guitar licks PDF ebook - Pay what you want
- Guitar walking bass lesson and improvisation with tabs | Bb blues jazz progression