Jazz is a genre of music that originates from African Americans and it emerged at the beginning of the last century. The main characteristics of the jazz are syncopations and improvisations usually over a regular or forceful rhythm.
Woodwind and brass instruments, as well as piano, are the instruments mostly associated with jazz music, but it is not unusual to hear guitars and violins as well. Some of the styles of the jazz are swing, Dixieland, free jazz, hard bop, soul jazz, jazz-rock, cool jazz, west coast jazz and bebop.
- 8 ways to play the minor pentatonic scale over a dominant chord - Inside and outside playing
- Kenny Burrell - In a mellow tone - Jazz guitar transcription
- List of jazz standards and keys
- Triad arpeggios - Guitar lesson for beguinners
- Superimposed diatonic arpeggios - Jazz guitar lesson
- How to play jazz on acoustic guitar - Guest post
- Jazz guitar chord voicings - II-V-I progression - 5 Exercises
- New eBook available | 50 exercises for jazz guitar | II-V-I voicings
- Minor pentatonic scales and II-Valt-I sequence - 5 jazz guitar licks
- New video - Jazz guitar comping rhythm lesson & chord study.
- Sookie sookie - Grant Green - Transcription
- III VI II V sequence - 5 Jazz guitar licks - Jazz lesson
- Jazz up basic guitar chords - Jazz guitar lesson for beginners
- Tritone chord substitution - Jazz guitar lesson
- Stella by Starlight - Jazz guitar chord melody lesson