jazz guitar tabs
A new video has just been uploaded on the youtube channel. This lesson contains the 21 most recent jazz guitar licks & transcriptions posted on the channel.
Here is the summary :
- 10 Kenny Burrell licks
- II-V7alt-I lick
- Clifford Brown solo transcription
- Eric Gale solo transcription
- Grant Green airegin solo transcription
- Duet in F - Berklee
- John Scofield Wee #1
- John Scofield Wee #2
- John Scofield Wee #3
- Dominant 7th lick
- Soul jazz lick
- Jazz blues lick
This eBook will teach you how to soloing over minor II-V-I sequences using scales, modes (locrian, locrian #2, locrian bebop, altered, melodic minor, harmonic minor, aeolian) and arpeggios (Half-diminished & diminished 7th)
- 1 printable PDF eBook including 10 II-V-I jazz guitar licks with tabs, scales charts, and analysis.
- 1 C minor II-V-I backing track (Quality mp3 audio file).
- 10 minor II-V-I audio files (Quality mp3 audio files).
Wes Montgomery was an american guitar jazz player, considered as one of the greatest jazz guitarist of all time. He has influenced and influence again a lot of jazz guitarists. His playing is characterized by the use of his thumb instead of a pick with incredible dexterity. His guitar solos are gold mines for jazz guitar students.
He often approached his guitar solos by following the same chords progression in three ways and in the same order:
- In single note lines using arpeggios, scales and modes.
- By playing octaves.
- By playing block chords.
Wes Montgomery played almost exclusively on a Gibson L-5 CES plugged most of the time into Fender amps (super reverb, twin reverb, deluxe). He also played on Gibson L-7, Gibson L-4, Es-175, ES-125D.
You will find in this free jazz guitar lesson 10 easy dominant 7th jazz guitar licks with tabs transcribed from "West coast blues". They are all in the key of Bb and time signature is 3/4.
A new printable PDF eBook dedicated to soul jazz guitar licks is now available for download.
Soul jazz (sometimes called "jazz-funk) is a form of jazz commonly associated with hard bop. It has strong influences from blues, rhythm & blues and gospel. You can also go listen to Lou Donaldson, Big John Patton, Jimmy "Hammond" Smith, to soak up this style.
All these licks are two bars licks in the key of Bb7 and inspired by great guitarists as Grant Green, Melvin sparks, Wes Montgomery or Kenny Burrell. They are essentially built with notes from the minor, major pentatonic and minor blues scale.
As usual each lick is analysed and accompanied by a quality audio file. A backing track is also included in the package.
Why all these licks are in the same key ?
To simplify learning, it's easier to memorize them, then you can make the connection between each lick to built longer guitar solos. Once you have learnt these licks, the aim is to play them in different keys, add notes and fret hand techniques (bends, hammer-on, pull-off, slides) vary the rhythm...
Package details :
- 1 printable PDF eBook with 25 soul jazz guitar licks in Bb7 with tabs, scales charts, guitar fretboard diagrams (5 boxes for each scales) and analysis.
- 1 soul jazz backing track (Quality mp3 audio file).
- 25 soul jazz guitar licks audio files (Quality mp3 audio files).
"A modern method for guitar" (Berklee press) is a book written by William Leavitt.
This beginning-level book teaches a wide range of guitar and music fundamentals like: scales, melodic, chords & arpeggios studies, how to read music, accompaniment techniques, special exercises for developing technique in both hands, a unique approach to voice leading using moveable chord forms, and more. It is specifically designed to help guitar students to accomplish two fundamental things :
- Teaching to read music (improve your sight reading).
- Developping dexterity of both hands.
There are three volumes in this collection.
This new video posted on the youtube channel is about a guitar duet called " Duet in F " taken from this guitar method. As its name implies it is a guitar duet (20 measures) in the key of F including altered notes, chromaticisms and chords of 3 notes . It is very interesting and quite easy to play, provided to be able to read music because there is no tabs in this book but only scores. Please note that it is played "swing" in the video even if there is no mention that you have to play it "swing" in the book. Free to you to play it with "swing feel" or "straight feel".
This video contains score and is divided in 3 parts :
- Both guitar parts together
- First guitar only at 0:51
- Second guitar only at 1:41
- Jazz guitar chord voicings - II-V-I progression - 5 Exercises
- New eBook available | 50 exercises for jazz guitar | II-V-I voicings
- Minor pentatonic scales and II-Valt-I sequence - 5 jazz guitar licks
- New video - Jazz guitar comping rhythm lesson & chord study.
- Sookie sookie - Grant Green - Transcription
- III VI II V sequence - 5 Jazz guitar licks - Jazz lesson
- Jazz up basic guitar chords - Jazz guitar lesson for beginners
- Tritone chord substitution - Jazz guitar lesson
- Stella by Starlight - Jazz guitar chord melody lesson
- What's a half-diminished chord (m7b5) ?
- List of intervals - Music theory
- Extended major 7th chords | Guitar diagrams & voicings | Cmaj9, Cmaj#11, Cmaj13
- Diatonic chord substitution - Jazz theory and harmony lesson
- 5 tritone substitution jazz guitar licks PDF ebook - Pay what you want
- Guitar walking bass lesson and improvisation with tabs | Bb blues jazz progression