- Home /
- Jazz guitar lessons / Blog /
- II-V jazz guitar lick | Free guitar lesson | Minor ninth & dominant 7th arpeggios
II-V jazz guitar lick | Free guitar lesson | Minor ninth & dominant 7th arpeggios
- By jazz-guitar-licks
- On 19/01/2016
- Comments (0)
Here is a free lesson about a II | V jazz guitar line using a D minor seventh arpeggio and a G dominant 7th arpeggio.
- Bar 1 : Starting on the root (D) of the D dorian mode. After that you have to play : the b3 (F), the fifth (A), root again (D), b3 again (F), 9 (E), D again, b7 (C), once again the fifth (A) and a passing tone (A#). We can see that these notes are actually a D minor ninth arpeggio.
- Bar 2 : This measure contains notes from the G dominant 7th arpeggio (G-B-D-F) with a passing tone (b3) (A#) before playing the major third (B). Ending on the root (G).
Related lessons :
This printable PDF eBook method contains 50 exercises to practice the essential jazz guitar chords over the II-V-I progression.
This PDF eBook contains 11 guitar lessons with chords, tabs, analysis , explanations and audio files about the main blues progressions used in jazz music.
This PDF eBook method contains 25 altered jazz guitar licks with tabs, patterns, scale charts and audio files to learn to master the altered scale.
40 easy jazz, blues guitar licks with tabs & scale charts. Printable PDF & eBook method to learn to play in the style of Wes Montgomery & Charlie Christian.
This PDF eBook is about 25 soul jazz guitar licks in the style of Grant Green, Melvin Sparks. Lessons with tabs, diagrams, backing track & audio files.
This printable PDF book will help you to understand which scales should be played over a minor II-V-I sequence. Jazz guitar lesson with tabs & audio.
This jazz guitar eBook pdf contains 10 II-V-I jazz guitar licks with tabs, backing tracks, scales charts. Dorian, mixolydian, bebop and altered scales.
This eBook PDF contains 25 dominant diminished jazz guitar patterns using the half-whole diminished scale and some diminished 7th arpeggios.
This printable PDF eBook contains 25 minor jazz guitar licks with tabs, video links, analysis. How to play modes, scales & arpeggios over minor chords.
The tritone substitution is explained through 5 jazz guitar licks with tabs/notation, youtube video links and backing track links. Printable PDF eBook
This free jazz guitar lesson is about 10 Wes Montgomery dominant 7th jazz guitar licks and transcriptions with tabs taken from west coast blues.
Free guitar lesson about the dominant 7th arpeggio. Guitar diagrams, patterns, charts and licks about it.
This free jazz guitar lesson with tab shows you how to play the locrian mode and the diminished 7th arpeggio over a minor 2-5-1(II-V-I) jazz chord sequence.
Here are the guitar position of the five main arpeggios used in jazz improvisation. Free jazz guitar lessons with tabs, licks, fretboard diagrams, patterns.
This youtube video lesson with score is about a jazz guitar duet in F taken from the book "A modern method for guitar" by William Leavitt.
- Jazz guitar chord voicings - II-V-I progression - 5 Exercises
- New eBook available | 50 exercises for jazz guitar | II-V-I voicings
- Minor pentatonic scales and II-Valt-I sequence - 5 jazz guitar licks
- New video - Jazz guitar comping rhythm lesson & chord study.
- Sookie sookie - Grant Green - Transcription
- III VI II V sequence - 5 Jazz guitar licks - Jazz lesson
- Jazz up basic guitar chords - Jazz guitar lesson for beginners
- Tritone chord substitution - Jazz guitar lesson
- Stella by Starlight - Jazz guitar chord melody lesson
- What's a half-diminished chord (m7b5) ?
- List of intervals - Music theory
- Extended major 7th chords | Guitar diagrams & voicings | Cmaj9, Cmaj#11, Cmaj13
- Diatonic chord substitution - Jazz theory and harmony lesson
- 5 tritone substitution jazz guitar licks PDF ebook - Pay what you want
- Guitar walking bass lesson and improvisation with tabs | Bb blues jazz progression