George Benson GB10SE - New Ibanez guitar - Signature series
- By jazz-guitar-licks
- On 25/01/2016
- Comments (0)
George Benson has announced on his facebook page a few days ago a new guitar to his signature series. It is the Ibanez GB10SE.
If you compare the GB10 and the GB10SE on the ibanez website it seems that :
- The fret treatment is different
- No hardshell with GB10SE
- The width body is different, 14 1/2" for the GB10SE and 14 3/4" for the GB10
- The GB10SE not available in natural color (only brown sundburst)
|neck type||GB 3pc Maple set-in neck (22 frets)|
|body||Spruce top/Maple back & sides|
|fretboard||Bound Ebony fretboard w/Acrylic & Abalone block inlay|
|fret||Medium frets w/Artstar fret edge treatment|
|number of frets||22 frets|
|neck pickup||GB special (H) neck pickup (Passive/Alnico)|
|bridge pickup||GB special (H) bridge pickup (Passive/Alnico)|
|factory tuning||1E, 2B, 3G, 4D, 5A, 6E|
|a : Width at Nut||43mm|
|b : Width at Last Fret||57mm|
|c : Thickness at 1st||20mm|
|d : Thickness at 12th||22mm (at 9F)|
|a : Length||18 7/8"|
|b : Width||14 1/2"|
|c : Max Depth||3 3/8"|
Here is a new free jazz guitar lesson about a George Benson lick using the mixolydian blues scale, a combination of the mixolydian mode and the blues scale.
5 exercises to learn to play different jazz guitar chords over the most used chord sequence in jazz, the famous II-V-I sequence.
Here is a quick jazz guitar chord melody arrangement with chord diagrams of the famous jazz standard "Stella by Starlight" (Victor Young).
This jazz guitar lesson provides you some chord voicings with diagrams and charts to play extended major chords (Cmaj9, Cmaj#11, Cmaj13) on the guitar.
This youtube video contains 21 jazz guitar licks and transcriptions with tabs from the "jazz guitar licks" channel.
- 8 ways to play the minor pentatonic scale over a dominant chord - Inside and outside playing
- Kenny Burrell - In a mellow tone - Jazz guitar transcription
- List of jazz standards and keys
- Triad arpeggios - Guitar lesson for beguinners
- Superimposed diatonic arpeggios - Jazz guitar lesson
- How to play jazz on acoustic guitar - Guest post
- Jazz guitar chord voicings - II-V-I progression - 5 Exercises
- New eBook available | 50 exercises for jazz guitar | II-V-I voicings
- Minor pentatonic scales and II-Valt-I sequence - 5 jazz guitar licks
- New video - Jazz guitar comping rhythm lesson & chord study.
- Sookie sookie - Grant Green - Transcription
- III VI II V sequence - 5 Jazz guitar licks - Jazz lesson
- Jazz up basic guitar chords - Jazz guitar lesson for beginners
- Tritone chord substitution - Jazz guitar lesson
- Stella by Starlight - Jazz guitar chord melody lesson