- Home /
- Jazz guitar lessons / Blog /
- George Benson jazz lick with tab | Mixo blues scale | Free lesson
George Benson jazz lick with tab | Mixo blues scale | Free lesson
- By Stef Ramin
- On 26/01/2016
- Comments (0)
Just upload a new video in the youtube channel, it is a George Benson lick with tab from "Last train to Clarksville" a cover of the Monkees. George Benson played notes from the G mixolydian blues scale, it's a combination of the mixolydian mode and the blues scale.
George Benson mixolydian blues lick with tab.
All notes of this lick are from the G mixo blues scale but we can also analyse these lines like this :
- Pickup measure : Starts on the root (G), G minor seventh arpeggio (G, Bb, D and F) respectively root, minor third, fifth and minor seventh.
- Bar 1 : Thirteenth (E) of G7, eleventh (C), fifth (G), minor third (Bb), ninth (A), root (G), minor seventh (F), fifth (D), thirtheen (E), fifth again and chromatic line (C, B, Bb).
- Bar 2 : By taking the last note of the bar 1 (D) and the 2 first notes of the bar 2 (Bb and G) you get a G descending minor triad (Bb, G, C).
This PDF eBook contains 11 guitar lessons with chords, tabs, analysis , explanations and audio files about the main blues progressions used in jazz music.
This PDF eBook method contains 25 altered jazz guitar licks with tabs, patterns, scale charts and audio files to learn to master the altered scale.
40 easy jazz, blues guitar licks with tabs & scale charts. Printable PDF & eBook method to learn to play in the style of Wes Montgomery & Charlie Christian.
This PDF eBook is about 25 soul jazz guitar licks in the style of Grant Green, Melvin Sparks. Lessons with tabs, diagrams, backing track & audio files.
This printable PDF book will help you to understand which scales should be played over a minor II-V-I sequence. Jazz guitar lesson with tabs & audio.
This jazz guitar eBook pdf contains 10 II-V-I jazz guitar licks with tabs, backing tracks, scales charts. Dorian, mixolydian, bebop and altered scales.
This eBook PDF contains 25 dominant diminished jazz guitar patterns using the half-whole diminished scale and some diminished 7th arpeggios.
The tritone substitution is explained through 5 jazz guitar licks with tabs/notation, youtube video links and backing track links. Printable PDF eBook
This youtube video contains 21 jazz guitar licks and transcriptions with tabs from the "jazz guitar licks" channel.
This free jazz guitar lesson is about 10 Wes Montgomery dominant 7th jazz guitar licks and transcriptions with tabs taken from west coast blues.
25 soul jazz guitar licks with tabs PDF to master hard bop playing in the style of Grant Green, Melvin Sparks by using pentatonic scales and blues scale.
This free jazz guitar lesson is about 5 minor 7th jazz guitar patterns with tabs and analysis to increase your vocabulary, technique, and jazz knowledge.
Here are some fretboard guitar patterns, scales charts and free jazz guitar licks about the dominant bebop scale, one of the most played scale in jazz.
- Diatonic chord substitution - Jazz theory and harmony lesson
- 5 tritone substitution jazz guitar licks PDF ebook - Pay what you want
- Guitar walking bass lesson and improvisation with tabs | Bb blues jazz progression
- NEW PDF eBook available | 11 blues-jazz progressions for guitar | Chords and comping studies
- How to play minor and major 6 chords on the guitar | 24 Diagrams and voicings
- So what chord - Jazz rhythm guitar lesson - Modal comping
- Jazz guitar chord changes & comping study - There will never be another you
- Chords in fourths - Quartal harmony - So what chord
- There will never be another you - Jazz guitar improvisation
- What's a II-V-I chord progression
- How to harmonize the major scale in thirds
- What are guide tones and how to use them
- How to connect dominant 7th arpeggios in blues
- How to play drop 2 chords on the guitar - Lesson with diagrams & voicing charts
- Misty (Erroll Garner) analysis - Arrangement with chords & melody - Jazz guitar lesson