Grant Green jazz guitar lessons | Youtube playlist
- By Stef Ramin
- On 13/11/2015
- Comments (0)
Grant Green is surely one of the most important jazz guitar player. His guitar playing was influenced by blues, rythm'n blues and bebop music. He is reknowed for his clear sound using the most of the time is Gibson ES 330 with P90 pickups plugged into Fender amps. He used a lot diminished arpeggio over VI-II-V-I chord progressions. I advise you to listen to "n°1 Green street " or "Blues for Willaren" to hear this clear sound and understand how he used these arpeggios.
You can also take a look at the Grant Stand' s guitar solo analysis.
Here is the Grant Green jazz licks youtube playlist
This free jazz guitar lesson is about 10 Wes Montgomery dominant 7th jazz guitar licks and transcriptions with tabs taken from west coast blues.
25 soul jazz guitar licks with tabs PDF to master hard bop playing in the style of Grant Green, Melvin Sparks by using pentatonic scales and blues scale.
This youtube video is about 20 jazz guitar licks with tabs. Minor, major dominant 7th, II-V-I licks, Charlie Christian and John Scofield transcriptions.
How to play a diminished arpeggio, harmonic minor and altered scale in the style of Grant Green. Jazz guitar lesson and solo transcription with tabs.
In this jazz guitar lesson with tabs we will see how to play a minor seven arpeggio over a major seven chord.
- Minor pentatonic scales and II-Valt-I sequence - 5 jazz guitar licks
- New video - Jazz guitar comping rhythm lesson & chord study.
- Sookie sookie - Grant Green - Transcription
- III VI II V sequence - 5 Jazz guitar licks - Jazz lesson
- Jazz up basic guitar chords - Jazz guitar lesson for beginners
- Tritone chord substitution - Jazz guitar lesson
- Stella by Starlight - Jazz guitar chord melody lesson
- What's a half-diminished chord (m7b5) ?
- List of intervals - Music theory
- Extended major 7th chords | Guitar diagrams & voicings | Cmaj9, Cmaj#11, Cmaj13
- Diatonic chord substitution - Jazz theory and harmony lesson
- 5 tritone substitution jazz guitar licks PDF ebook - Pay what you want
- Guitar walking bass lesson and improvisation with tabs | Bb blues jazz progression
- NEW PDF eBook available | 11 blues-jazz progressions for guitar | Chords and comping studies
- How to play minor and major 6 chords on the guitar | 24 Diagrams and voicings