Guitar duet in F | A modern method for guitar | Youtube video
- By jazz-guitar-licks
- On 15/05/2016
- Comments (0)
"A modern method for guitar" (Berklee press) is a book written by William Leavitt.
This beginning-level book teaches a wide range of guitar and music fundamentals like: scales, melodic, chords & arpeggios studies, how to read music, accompaniment techniques, special exercises for developing technique in both hands, a unique approach to voice leading using moveable chord forms, and more. It is specifically designed to help guitar students to accomplish two fundamental things :
- Teaching to read music (improve your sight reading).
- Developping dexterity of both hands.
There are three volumes in this collection.
This new video posted on the youtube channel is about a guitar duet called " Duet in F " taken from this guitar method. As its name implies it is a guitar duet (20 measures) in the key of F including altered notes, chromaticisms and chords of 3 notes . It is very interesting and quite easy to play, provided to be able to read music because there is no tabs in this book but only scores. Please note that it is played "swing" in the video even if there is no mention that you have to play it "swing" in the book. Free to you to play it with "swing feel" or "straight feel".
This video contains score and is divided in 3 parts :
- Both guitar parts together
- First guitar only at 0:51
- Second guitar only at 1:41
Printable PDF eBook method containing 50 exercises with tabs & standard notation to practice the essential jazz guitar chords over the II-V-I progression.
This PDF eBook contains 11 guitar lessons with chords, tabs, standard notation analysis & audio files about the main blues progressions used in jazz music.
This PDF eBook method contains 25 altered jazz guitar licks with tabs, patterns, scale charts and audio files to learn to master the altered scale.
40 easy jazz, blues guitar licks with tabs & scale charts. Printable PDF & eBook method to learn to play in the style of Wes Montgomery & Charlie Christian.
This PDF eBook is about 25 soul jazz guitar licks in the style of Grant Green, Melvin Sparks. Lessons with tabs, diagrams, backing track & audio files.
This printable PDF book will help you to understand which scales should be played over a minor II-V-I sequence. Jazz guitar lesson with tabs & audio.
This jazz guitar eBook pdf contains 10 II-V-I jazz guitar licks with tabs, backing tracks, scales charts. Dorian, mixolydian, bebop and altered scales.
This eBook PDF contains 25 dominant diminished jazz guitar patterns using the half-whole diminished scale and some diminished 7th arpeggios.
This printable PDF eBook contains 25 minor jazz guitar licks with tabs, video links, analysis. How to play modes, scales & arpeggios over minor chords.
The tritone substitution is explained through 5 jazz guitar licks with tabs/notation, youtube video links and backing track links. Printable PDF eBook
This free jazz guitar lesson is about 10 Wes Montgomery dominant 7th jazz guitar licks and transcriptions with tabs taken from west coast blues.
This free jazz guitar lesson is about 5 minor 7th jazz guitar patterns with tabs and analysis to increase your vocabulary, technique, and jazz knowledge.
Here are some fretboard guitar patterns, scales charts and free jazz guitar licks about the dominant bebop scale, one of the most played scale in jazz.
Paste the code on your website to make a link exchange with our website. Contact us and we will do the same for you.
This free jazz guitar lesson with tab shows you how to play the locrian mode and the diminished 7th arpeggio over a minor 2-5-1(II-V-I) jazz chord sequence.
- 8 ways to play the minor pentatonic scale over a dominant chord - Inside and outside playing
- Kenny Burrell - In a mellow tone - Jazz guitar transcription
- List of jazz standards and keys
- Triad arpeggios - Guitar lesson for beguinners
- Superimposed diatonic arpeggios - Jazz guitar lesson
- How to play jazz on acoustic guitar - Guest post
- Jazz guitar chord voicings - II-V-I progression - 5 Exercises
- New eBook available | 50 exercises for jazz guitar | II-V-I voicings
- Minor pentatonic scales and II-Valt-I sequence - 5 jazz guitar licks
- New video - Jazz guitar comping rhythm lesson & chord study.
- Sookie sookie - Grant Green - Transcription
- III VI II V sequence - 5 Jazz guitar licks - Jazz lesson
- Jazz up basic guitar chords - Jazz guitar lesson for beginners
- Tritone chord substitution - Jazz guitar lesson
- Stella by Starlight - Jazz guitar chord melody lesson