New eBook available | 10 II-V-I jazz guitar licks with tabs.
- By jazz-guitar-licks
- On 12/01/2016
- Comments (0)
The II-V-I sequence is surely the most common chord progression played in jazz music and a must know for any guitarist who wants to learn jazz language. It is present in a large number of jazz standards like Blue bossa, Autumn leaves, All the things you are, Summertime and the list goes on. That's why its very important to master this sequence with both chords and melody.
This eBook helps you to understand which scales to play over a II-V-I chord progression. It contains 10 short and easy jazz guitar licks with tabs, analysis, scales charts and 3 different jazz backing tracks to play with.
All the II-V-I jazz guitar licks in this eBook are in the key of C major.
The II-V-I chord progression is made up of three chords constructed on each degree of the major scale.
For example in C major :
- The chord corresponding to the first degree is a major seventh chord (CM7).
- The chord corresponding to the second degree is a minor seventh chord (Dm7).
- The chord corresponding to the fifth degree is a dominant seventh chord (G7).
These chords (in their unaltered forms) are fundamental for a first approach. When they are grouped together they form the II-V-I progression.
Dm7 | G7 | CM7 | % |
You will see in this eBook that there is many scales possibilities to play over this II-V-I chord progression:
Over the Dm7 chord (II of the C major scale) :
- The D dorian mode, It's a minor type scale because of its b3.
- The D dorian bebop scale (also called "minor bebop scale") is the same scale as the dorian mode including a major third (3) between the minor third (b3) and the fourth (4th). There is two version of this one, it's explain in the eBook.
Over the G7 chord (V of the major scale) :
- The G mixolydian scale. It's a dominant type scale, it contains a major third (3) and a b7. It's the first choice for a jazz begginer.
- The dominant bebop scale is made up of eight notes with a passing tone (7) between the b7 and the root. It brings chromatic lines in your playing.
- The altered scale, it's the seventh mode of the melodic minor scale. This scale is perfect to bring tensions to your jazz lines.
- The Half-whole diminished scale. This one contains eight notes and it is nice to bring tensions.
$ 7.90 - Secure payment (paypal - gumroad)
Package details (RAR file) :
- 1 printable eBook PDF with 10 II-V-I jazz guitar licks with tabs, analysis and scales charts.
- 3 MP3 jazz backing tracks ( 92, 150 & 200 BPM - about 5 mn long).
- 10 II-V-I MP3 files .
List of the licks
- Dorian & mixolydian w/ passing tone.
- Dorian, bebop dominant & ionian.
- Dorian, bebop dominant and major sixth arpeggio.
- Bebop dorian, bebop dominant and major seventh arpeggio.
- Dorian, mixolydian and passing tones.
- Dorian, mixolydian & passing tones.
- Dorian & altered scale.
- Dorian, diminished triad & altered scale.
- Dorian, altered scale & passing tones.
- Bebop dorian and half-whole diminished scale.
Preview lick (taken from the eBook)
Preview backing track (included in the eBook package)
This printable PDF eBook method contains 50 exercises to practice the essential jazz guitar chords over the II-V-I progression.
This PDF eBook contains 11 guitar lessons with chords, tabs, analysis , explanations and audio files about the main blues progressions used in jazz music.
This PDF eBook method contains 25 altered jazz guitar licks with tabs, patterns, scale charts and audio files to learn to master the altered scale.
40 easy jazz, blues guitar licks with tabs & scale charts. Printable PDF & eBook method to learn to play in the style of Wes Montgomery & Charlie Christian.
This PDF eBook is about 25 soul jazz guitar licks in the style of Grant Green, Melvin Sparks. Lessons with tabs, diagrams, backing track & audio files.
This printable PDF book will help you to understand which scales should be played over a minor II-V-I sequence. Jazz guitar lesson with tabs & audio.
This jazz guitar eBook pdf contains 10 II-V-I jazz guitar licks with tabs, backing tracks, scales charts. Dorian, mixolydian, bebop and altered scales.
This eBook PDF contains 25 dominant diminished jazz guitar patterns using the half-whole diminished scale and some diminished 7th arpeggios.
This printable PDF eBook contains 25 minor jazz guitar licks with tabs, video links, analysis. How to play modes, scales & arpeggios over minor chords.
The tritone substitution is explained through 5 jazz guitar licks with tabs/notation, youtube video links and backing track links. Printable PDF eBook
25 soul jazz guitar licks with tabs PDF to master hard bop playing in the style of Grant Green, Melvin Sparks by using pentatonic scales and blues scale.
Paste the code on your website to make a link exchange with our website. Contact us and we will do the same for you.
This free jazz guitar lesson with tab shows you how to play the locrian mode and the diminished 7th arpeggio over a minor 2-5-1(II-V-I) jazz chord sequence.
This youtube video contains 21 jazz guitar licks and transcriptions with tabs from the "jazz guitar licks" channel.
This free jazz guitar lesson is about 10 Wes Montgomery dominant 7th jazz guitar licks and transcriptions with tabs taken from west coast blues.
- How to play jazz on acoustic guitar - Guest post
- Jazz guitar chord voicings - II-V-I progression - 5 Exercises
- New eBook available | 50 exercises for jazz guitar | II-V-I voicings
- Minor pentatonic scales and II-Valt-I sequence - 5 jazz guitar licks
- New video - Jazz guitar comping rhythm lesson & chord study.
- Sookie sookie - Grant Green - Transcription
- III VI II V sequence - 5 Jazz guitar licks - Jazz lesson
- Jazz up basic guitar chords - Jazz guitar lesson for beginners
- Tritone chord substitution - Jazz guitar lesson
- Stella by Starlight - Jazz guitar chord melody lesson
- What's a half-diminished chord (m7b5) ?
- List of intervals - Music theory
- Extended major 7th chords | Guitar diagrams & voicings | Cmaj9, Cmaj#11, Cmaj13
- Diatonic chord substitution - Jazz theory and harmony lesson
- 5 tritone substitution jazz guitar licks PDF ebook - Pay what you want