New eBook available | 10 II-V-I jazz guitar licks with tabs.
- By jazz-guitar-licks
- On 12/01/2016
- 0 comments
The II-V-I sequence is surely the most common chord progression played in jazz music and a must know for any guitarist who wants to learn jazz language. It is present in a large number of jazz standards like Blue bossa, Autumn leaves, All the things you are, Summertime and the list goes on. That's why its very important to master this sequence with both chords and melody.
This eBook helps you to understand which scales to play over a II-V-I chord progression. It contains 10 short and easy jazz guitar licks with tabs, analysis, scales charts and 3 different jazz backing tracks to play with.
All the II-V-I jazz guitar licks in this eBook are in the key of C major.
The II-V-I chord progression is made up of three chords constructed on each degree of the major scale.
For example in C major :
- The chord corresponding to the first degree is a major seventh chord (CM7).
- The chord corresponding to the second degree is a minor seventh chord (Dm7).
- The chord corresponding to the fifth degree is a dominant seventh chord (G7).
These chords (in their unaltered forms) are fundamental for a first approach. When they are grouped together they form the II-V-I progression.
Dm7 | G7 | CM7 | % |
You will see in this eBook that there is many scales possibilities to play over this II-V-I chord progression:
Over the Dm7 chord (II of the C major scale) :
- The D dorian mode, It's a minor type scale because of its b3.
- The D dorian bebop scale (also called "minor bebop scale") is the same scale as the dorian mode including a major third (3) between the minor third (b3) and the fourth (4th). There is two version of this one, it's explain in the eBook.
Over the G7 chord (V of the major scale) :
- The G mixolydian scale. It's a dominant type scale, it contains a major third (3) and a b7. It's the first choice for a jazz begginer.
- The dominant bebop scale is made up of eight notes with a passing tone (7) between the b7 and the root. It brings chromatic lines in your playing.
- The altered scale, it's the seventh mode of the melodic minor scale. This scale is perfect to bring tensions to your jazz lines.
- The Half-whole diminished scale. This one contains eight notes and it is nice to bring tensions.
$ 7.90 - Secure payment (paypal - gumroad)
Package details (RAR file) :
- 1 printable eBook PDF with 10 II-V-I jazz guitar licks with tabs, analysis and scales charts.
- 3 MP3 jazz backing tracks ( 92, 150 & 200 BPM - about 5 mn long).
- 10 II-V-I MP3 files .
List of the licks
- Dorian & mixolydian w/ passing tone.
- Dorian, bebop dominant & ionian.
- Dorian, bebop dominant and major sixth arpeggio.
- Bebop dorian, bebop dominant and major seventh arpeggio.
- Dorian, mixolydian and passing tones.
- Dorian, mixolydian & passing tones.
- Dorian & altered scale.
- Dorian, diminished triad & altered scale.
- Dorian, altered scale & passing tones.
- Bebop dorian and half-whole diminished scale.
Preview lick (taken from the eBook)
Preview backing track (included in the eBook package)
Here is a printable PDF eBook with five guitar studies that will help you to master arpeggios over a jazz blues progression. Tabs and standard notation.
Printable PDF eBook method containing 50 exercises with tabs & standard notation to practice the essential jazz guitar chords over the II-V-I progression.
This PDF eBook contains 11 guitar lessons with chords, tabs, standard notation analysis & audio files about the main blues progressions used in jazz music.
This PDF eBook method contains 25 altered jazz guitar licks with tabs, patterns, scale charts and audio files to learn to master the altered scale.
40 easy jazz, blues guitar licks with tabs & scale charts. Printable PDF & eBook method to learn to play in the style of Wes Montgomery & Charlie Christian.
This PDF eBook is about 25 soul jazz guitar licks in the style of Grant Green, Melvin Sparks. Lessons with tabs, diagrams, backing track & audio files.
This printable PDF book will help you to understand which scales should be played over a minor II-V-I sequence. Jazz guitar lesson with tabs & audio.
This jazz guitar eBook pdf contains 10 II-V-I jazz guitar licks with tabs, backing tracks, scales charts. Dorian, mixolydian, bebop and altered scales.
This eBook PDF contains 25 dominant diminished jazz guitar patterns using the half-whole diminished scale and some diminished 7th arpeggios.
This printable PDF eBook contains 25 minor jazz guitar licks with tabs, video links, analysis. How to play modes, scales & arpeggios over minor chords.
The tritone substitution is explained through 5 jazz guitar licks with tabs/notation, youtube video links and backing track links. Printable PDF eBook