- Home /
- Jazz guitar lessons / Blog /
- II-V jazz guitar lick with tab| minor 7th arpeggio | Jazz guitar lesson *FREE*
II-V jazz guitar lick with tab| minor 7th arpeggio | Jazz guitar lesson *FREE*
- By jazz-guitar-licks
- On 17/01/2016
- Comments (0)
Here is a free lesson ( 2 bars) about a II-V jazz guitar line using a D minor 7th arpeggio and a short chromatic line.
II -V jazz guitar lick | Dm7 arpeggio & chromatic line
This jazz lick starts on the fifth of Dm7 followed by a short chromatic line on beats 1 & 2 then, a descending D minor 7th arpeggio starting on second note of the triplet (A) which is the fifth of this arpeggio.
Please note that the D minor 7th arpeggio (like the Dm7 chord) is made up of 4 notes :
- Root (D)
- minor third (b3) (F)
- Perfect fifth (5) (A)
- minor seventh (b7 (C)
Click here to see the D minor 7th arpeggios patterns.
This chord progression (Dm7 | G7) is found in many jazz standards. Playing/improvising over a II-V sequence is a basis for any jazz player. Once you have learnt this line, be sure to play it in different keys and make it evolve by changing rythm and notes, by adding fret-hand techniques. Learn this line, play it a lot, and forget it. Over time, it will naturally appear in your guitar improvisations. Do not become a "lick player".
This free jazz guitar lesson is about 10 Wes Montgomery dominant 7th jazz guitar licks and transcriptions with tabs taken from west coast blues.
This free jazz guitar lesson is about 5 minor 7th jazz guitar patterns with tabs and analysis to increase your vocabulary, technique, and jazz knowledge.
Here are some fretboard guitar patterns, scales charts and free jazz guitar licks about the dominant bebop scale, one of the most played scale in jazz.
Paste the code on your website to make a link exchange with our website. Contact us and we will do the same for you.
This free jazz guitar lesson with tab shows you how to play the locrian mode and the diminished 7th arpeggio over a minor 2-5-1(II-V-I) jazz chord sequence.
- Jazz guitar chord voicings - II-V-I progression - 5 Exercises
- New eBook available | 50 exercises for jazz guitar | II-V-I voicings
- Minor pentatonic scales and II-Valt-I sequence - 5 jazz guitar licks
- New video - Jazz guitar comping rhythm lesson & chord study.
- Sookie sookie - Grant Green - Transcription
- III VI II V sequence - 5 Jazz guitar licks - Jazz lesson
- Jazz up basic guitar chords - Jazz guitar lesson for beginners
- Tritone chord substitution - Jazz guitar lesson
- Stella by Starlight - Jazz guitar chord melody lesson
- What's a half-diminished chord (m7b5) ?
- List of intervals - Music theory
- Extended major 7th chords | Guitar diagrams & voicings | Cmaj9, Cmaj#11, Cmaj13
- Diatonic chord substitution - Jazz theory and harmony lesson
- 5 tritone substitution jazz guitar licks PDF ebook - Pay what you want
- Guitar walking bass lesson and improvisation with tabs | Bb blues jazz progression