The minor pentatonic scale | Jazz guitar lesson, diagrams and licks
- By jazz-guitar-licks
- On 27/06/2016
- Comments (0)
Pentatonic scales are commonly played in all styles of music all over the world. Present in jazz and blues music since their origines, they are the most important scales in jazz music.
The minor pentatonic scale is the fifth mode of the major pentatonic scale (there are five different modes). It is the first scale to master for a guitarist exploring the world of jazz and blues improvisation.
You can now visit the following link to access this new lesson about the minor pentatonic scale. This free lesson contains five guitar fretboard diagrams and three example licks :
- Minor pentatonic lick, Kenny Burrell solo transcription.
- How to play the minor pentatonic scale over a II-V-I chord progression.
- Soul jazz guitar lick taken from the 25 soul jazz guitar licks eBook.
This youtube video contain a guitar transcription with tab and standard notation of "In a mellow tone" (theme) by Kenny Burrell.
The III VI II V is one of the most used jazz sequence. Here are 5 jazz guitar lines to play over it.
This jazz lesson explains what is the tritone substitution and how to apply it to the main chord progressions with a few examples.
Here is a quick jazz guitar chord melody arrangement with chord diagrams of the famous jazz standard "Stella by Starlight" (Victor Young).
How to make your basic guitar chords sound more jazz. How to turn common bar chords into jazz chords. Jazz guitar lesson for beginners.
- 8 ways to play the minor pentatonic scale over a dominant chord - Inside and outside playing
- Kenny Burrell - In a mellow tone - Jazz guitar transcription
- List of jazz standards and keys
- Triad arpeggios - Guitar lesson for beguinners
- Superimposed diatonic arpeggios - Jazz guitar lesson
- How to play jazz on acoustic guitar - Guest post
- Jazz guitar chord voicings - II-V-I progression - 5 Exercises
- New eBook available | 50 exercises for jazz guitar | II-V-I voicings
- Minor pentatonic scales and II-Valt-I sequence - 5 jazz guitar licks
- New video - Jazz guitar comping rhythm lesson & chord study.
- Sookie sookie - Grant Green - Transcription
- III VI II V sequence - 5 Jazz guitar licks - Jazz lesson
- Jazz up basic guitar chords - Jazz guitar lesson for beginners
- Tritone chord substitution - Jazz guitar lesson
- Stella by Starlight - Jazz guitar chord melody lesson