- Home /
- Jazz guitar lessons / Blog /
- The minor pentatonic scale | Jazz guitar lesson, diagrams and licks
The minor pentatonic scale | Jazz guitar lesson, diagrams and licks
- By Stef Ramin
- On 27/06/2016
- Comments (0)
Pentatonic scales are commonly played in all styles of music all over the world. Present in jazz and blues music since their origines, they are the most important scales in jazz music.
The minor pentatonic scale is the fifth mode of the major pentatonic scale (there are five different modes). It is the first scale to master for a guitarist exploring the world of jazz and blues improvisation.
You can now visit the following link to access this new lesson about the minor pentatonic scale. This free lesson contains five guitar fretboard diagrams and three example licks :
- Minor pentatonic lick, Kenny Burrell solo transcription.
- How to play the minor pentatonic scale over a II-V-I chord progression.
- Soul jazz guitar lick taken from the 25 soul jazz guitar licks eBook.
The III VI II V is one of the most used jazz sequence. Here are 5 jazz guitar lines to play over it.
This jazz lesson explains what is the tritone substitution and how to apply it to the main chord progressions with a few examples.
Here is a quick jazz guitar chord melody arrangement with chord diagrams of the famous jazz standard "Stella by Starlight" (Victor Young).
How to make your basic guitar chords sound more jazz. How to turn common bar chords into jazz chords. Jazz guitar lesson for beginners.
This lesson show you how to play half diminished guitar chords (also known as m7b5) on the guitar and how to apply them over II-V-I progressions.
- Minor pentatonic scales and II-Valt-I sequence - 5 jazz guitar licks
- New video - Jazz guitar comping rhythm lesson & chord study.
- Sookie sookie - Grant Green - Transcription
- III VI II V sequence - 5 Jazz guitar licks - Jazz lesson
- Jazz up basic guitar chords - Jazz guitar lesson for beginners
- Tritone chord substitution - Jazz guitar lesson
- Stella by Starlight - Jazz guitar chord melody lesson
- What's a half-diminished chord (m7b5) ?
- List of intervals - Music theory
- Extended major 7th chords | Guitar diagrams & voicings | Cmaj9, Cmaj#11, Cmaj13
- Diatonic chord substitution - Jazz theory and harmony lesson
- 5 tritone substitution jazz guitar licks PDF ebook - Pay what you want
- Guitar walking bass lesson and improvisation with tabs | Bb blues jazz progression
- NEW PDF eBook available | 11 blues-jazz progressions for guitar | Chords and comping studies
- How to play minor and major 6 chords on the guitar | 24 Diagrams and voicings