- Home /
- Jazz guitar lessons / Blog /
- NEW eBook PDF | 25 soul jazz guitar licks with tabs, analysis, scales charts and diagrams.
NEW eBook PDF | 25 soul jazz guitar licks with tabs, analysis, scales charts and diagrams.
- By Stef Ramin
- On 27/05/2016
- Comments (0)
A new printable PDF eBook dedicated to soul jazz guitar licks is now available for download.
Soul jazz (sometimes called "jazz-funk) is a form of jazz commonly associated with hard bop. It has strong influences from blues, rhythm & blues and gospel. You can also go listen to Lou Donaldson, Big John Patton, Jimmy "Hammond" Smith, to soak up this style.
All these licks are two bars licks in the key of Bb7 and inspired by great guitarists as Grant Green, Melvin sparks, Wes Montgomery or Kenny Burrell. They are essentially built with notes from the minor, major pentatonic and minor blues scale.
As usual each lick is analysed and accompanied by a quality audio file. A backing track is also included in the package.
Why all these licks are in the same key ?
To simplify learning, it's easier to memorize them, then you can make the connection between each lick to built longer guitar solos. Once you have learnt these licks, the aim is to play them in different keys, add notes and fret hand techniques (bends, hammer-on, pull-off, slides) vary the rhythm...
Package details :
- 1 printable PDF eBook with 25 soul jazz guitar licks in Bb7 with tabs, scales charts, guitar fretboard diagrams (5 boxes for each scales) and analysis.
- 1 soul jazz backing track (Quality mp3 audio file).
- 25 soul jazz guitar licks audio files (Quality mp3 audio files).
jazz guitar licks jazz guitar lessons jazz guitar tabs Grant Green guitar lesson Wes Montgomery guitar lesson jazz guitar scales jazz guitar eBook PDF guitar diagrams soul jazz guitar licks soul guitar licks download hard bop guitar licks blues jazz guitar licks Melvin Sparks guitar lesson Kenny Burrell guitar lesson pentatonic scales fretboard guitar diagrams analysis
This free jazz guitar lesson is about 10 Wes Montgomery dominant 7th jazz guitar licks and transcriptions with tabs taken from west coast blues.
Here are some fretboard guitar patterns, scales charts and free jazz guitar licks about the dominant bebop scale, one of the most played scale in jazz.
This ebook pdf contains 25 minor jazz swing guitar licks with tabs in the style of Charlie Christian, Wes Montgomery, Grant Green .
Paste the code on your website to make a link exchange with our website. Contact us and we will do the same for you.
This free jazz guitar lesson with tab shows you how to play the locrian mode and the diminished 7th arpeggio over a minor 2-5-1(II-V-I) jazz chord sequence.
- Tritone chord substitution - Jazz guitar lesson
- Stella by Starlight - Jazz guitar chord melody lesson
- What's a half-diminished chord (m7b5) ?
- List of intervals - Music theory
- Extended major 7th chords | Guitar diagrams & voicings | Cmaj9, Cmaj#11, Cmaj13
- Diatonic chord substitution - Jazz theory and harmony lesson
- 5 tritone substitution jazz guitar licks PDF ebook - Pay what you want
- Guitar walking bass lesson and improvisation with tabs | Bb blues jazz progression
- NEW PDF eBook available | 11 blues-jazz progressions for guitar | Chords and comping studies
- How to play minor and major 6 chords on the guitar | 24 Diagrams and voicings
- So what chord - Jazz rhythm guitar lesson - Modal comping
- Jazz guitar chord changes & comping study - There will never be another you
- Chords in fourths - Quartal harmony - So what chord
- There will never be another you - Jazz guitar improvisation
- What's a II-V-I chord progression