40 blues jazz guitar licks with tabs - PDF eBook & backing tracks
8.90 $ - Secure payment by gumroad / Paypal
This printable PDF eBook contains 40 easy jazz, blues guitar licks with tabs designed to work with dominant 7th chords (7, 9, #9, 11, b5, 13). These jazz guitar licks are meant for students who wants to improve their blues, jazz playing through clear, short, simple and efficient ideas, in the style of jazz guitarists as Wes Montgomery, Kenny Burrell, Grant Green, Charlie Christian, George Benson, Barney Kessel and more.
All these jazz guitar lines can be applied to the first degree (I) of any blues progression. They can also be played over the V of a major II-V-I sequence for a bluesy sound.
Package details :
- 1 printable PDF booklet containing 40 jazz blues guitar licks with tabs and scales charts.
- 2 blues jazz swing (one chord C7) backing tracks (120 & 150 BPM). That can also be used for dominant scales training. (Quality mp3 audio file).
Scales covered in this eBook
There is no unique blues scale, but several combinations of notes which have a blues sound.
These three blue notes are :
- b10 (also considered as b3 or #9)
- b5 / #11
We can classified the scales of the blues this way :
- The minor blues scale is the minor pentatonic scale (1-b3-4-5-b7) including a flat ninth (b5). This is the most widely used of the blues scales. It is built with a root (1), a minor third (b3) also considered as flat eleventh (b10) or sharp ninth (#9), a fourth (4 or 11), a flat fifth (b5 or #11) which is the blue note and a minor seventh (b7).
- The major blues scale is the major pentatonic scale (1-2-3-5-6) with an added b3 also named b10 or #9. It consists of a root (1), a second (2), a minor third, the blue note (b3, #9 or b10), a perfect fifth and a major sixth (6 or 13).
The composite blues scale consists of eight notes, including the three blue notes. Formula is 1-b10-3-11-b5-5-b7-7.
The mixolydian blues scale or mixo blues scale is built with nine notes. As its name implies, it is a mix of the minor blues scale (1-b3-4-b5-5-b7) and the mixolydian mode 1-2-3-4-5-6-b7 (or the major pentatonic scale). This scale combines major & minor pentatonic sounds, here is the formula : 1-2 (9)-b10 (or #9)-3-11(4)-b5(#11)-5-13(6)-b7.
This PDF eBook contains 11 guitar lessons with chords, tabs, analysis , explanations and audio files about the main blues progressions used in jazz music.
This PDF eBook method contains 25 altered jazz guitar licks with tabs, patterns, scale charts and audio files to learn to master the altered scale.
40 easy jazz, blues guitar licks with tabs & scale charts. Printable PDF & eBook method to learn to play in the style of Wes Montgomery & Charlie Christian.
This PDF eBook is about 25 soul jazz guitar licks in the style of Grant Green, Melvin Sparks. Lessons with tabs, diagrams, backing track & audio files.
This printable PDF book will help you to understand which scales should be played over a minor II-V-I sequence. Jazz guitar lesson with tabs & audio.
This jazz guitar eBook pdf contains 10 II-V-I jazz guitar licks with tabs, backing tracks, scales charts. Dorian, mixolydian, bebop and altered scales.
This eBook PDF contains 25 dominant diminished jazz guitar patterns using the half-whole diminished scale and some diminished 7th arpeggios.
This printable PDF eBook contains 25 minor jazz guitar licks with tabs, video links, analysis. How to play modes, scales & arpeggios over minor chords.
This jazz guitar eBook PDF contains 10 dominant jazz guitar licks with tabs, analysis and backing tracks using arpeggios, mixolydian, pentatonics & dorian scales.
10 major jazz guitar licks eBook pdf with tabs, analysis & video links.
This jazz eBook contains 5 II-V-I jazz guitar licks & comping lessons for beginners. Tabs,analysis, videos and backing track links included.
The tritone substitution is explained through 5 jazz guitar licks with tabs/notation, youtube video links and backing track links. Printable PDF eBook
Last edited: 06/03/2017